Perrill is an award-winning digital marketing agency that exists to power businesses to win online. We are in search of a Support Engineer to join our growing team. Responsibilities will include recommending, provisioning and maintaining EC2 and RDS servers under Amazon Web Services, network security, 24x7 website uptime, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
The Support Engineer will provide support to the Development team, and occasionally clients, to troubleshoot issues related to hosting and backend systems integrations.
- Support web applications using PHP, Magento 2 and Wordpress.
- Working knowledge of LAMP/LEMP web architecture.
- Effective client communication on issues, deadlines, and requirements.
The success of the Support Engineer will be measured by:
- Solving client issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Consistently meet committed to deadlines and SLAs.
- Successful collaboration with other development professionals.
Skills and Abilities
- In depth understanding of PHP web applications and supporting technologies.
- Proficient in implementing, maintaining, and debugging PHP based web applications such as Magento and Wordpress
- Familiarity with all parts of a web application, including Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, GIT, SSL certificates, Web Application Firewalls, caching and DNS Records.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage and deploy AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Load Balancing, ElastiCache and Elastic Search
- Expertise in web server security best practices
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
- Technical or bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related experience / education
- 2 years of experience administering Linux servers (Preferably Ubuntu or Debian), and web services such as Nginx and PHP-FPM
- 2 years of experience administering Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3, RDS, and Route53
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies and security best practices
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with WordPress and/or Magento 2 administration
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Systems Architect (Associate) certification
- Experience with Bash shell scripting
Salary: $60,000 to $100,000, depending on experience
Benefits at Perrill
Aside from on-the-job training and growth opportunities, you’ll also experience a plethora of other benefits working at Perrill, including:
- A fun, team-oriented culture built on positive and winning teamwork
- Flexible hours and work-from-home opportunities
- A modern, state-of-the-art office space designed for both collaboration and individual success
- Competitive salary plus medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with matching
- Challenging and rewarding career growth
- Professional development opportunities
Note: This is not a remote position, but hybrid options are available. Strong preference is given to candidates local to the Twin Cities.