Perrill is an award-winning digital marketing agency that exists to power businesses to win online. We are in search of a Linux and AWS Systems Administrator to join our growing team
Perrill is looking for a Systems Administrator with experience provisioning, troubleshooting, and maintaining PHP web applications hosted under Linux servers in AWS.
Responsibilities will include recommending, upgrading, and maintaining current Linux systems, database administration (MySQL), configuration tuning (Nginx), Provisioning and maintaining EC2 and RDS servers under Amazon Web Services, network security, 24x7 website uptime, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
The Systems Administrator will provide support to the Development team, and occasionally clients, to troubleshoot issues related to hosting and backend systems integrations.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain Ubuntu Linux servers hosting PHP web applications with Amazon Web Services to ensure continuous 24x7 availability, reliability, and optimal production performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server architecture issues such as system access, resource contention, and resource limitations to ensure efficient performance of server resources to our internal and external customers.
- Setup, maintain, and verify backups of server resources under AWS.
- Support and troubleshoot hosted PHP site issues related to backend or server configurations.
- Identify and address areas of possible improvement in the IT infrastructure.
- Identify and address possible security issues within the IT infrastructure.
- Perform miscellaneous IT related tasks as requested by management, such as setting up in office workstations for new employees.
- Occasional availability to address high priority issues which arise outside of normal business hours.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and change activities quickly, based on business need
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Continuous learner
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Technical or bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related experience / education
- 2 years of experience administering Linux servers (Preferably Ubuntu or Debian), and web services such as Nginx and PHP-FPM
- 2 years of experience administering Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3, RDS, and Route53
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies and security best practices
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with WordPress and/or Magento 2 administration
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Systems Architect (Associate) certification
- Experience with Bash shell scripting
Salary: $70,000 to $100,000, depending on experience
Benefits at Perrill
Aside from on-the-job training and growth opportunities, you’ll also experience a plethora of other benefits working at Perrill, including:
- A fun, team-oriented culture built on positive and winning teamwork
- Flexible hours and work-from-home opportunities
- A modern, state-of-the-art office space designed for both collaboration and individual success
- Competitive salary plus medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with matching
- Challenging and rewarding career growth
- Professional development opportunities
Note: This is not a remote position, but hybrid options are available. Strong preference is given to candidates local to the Twin Cities.