The SEO Specialist’s mission is to develop and execute SEO strategies that increase rankings, drive more qualified traffic, and produce more leads/sales for our clients. The key expectations of the SEO Specialist are to:
- Develop and execute SEO strategies for clients in collaboration with account managers, paid media specialists, and content writers.
- Perform day-to-day management of client SEO programs including technical website audits, on-page optimization, keyword research, link building, and more.
- Analyze SEO data to determine opportunities for continuous improvement and develop actionable SEO reports for client consumption.
The success of the SEO Specialist will be measured by:
- Ability to increase rankings on multiple search engines and drive more qualified traffic for client websites
- Driving and reporting on measurable results that align with client business goals
- Successful collaboration with other marketing professionals
Key Skills and Demonstrated Competencies
The SEO Specialist will have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience demonstrating the following:
- Domain Expertise - Subject Matter: - demonstrates strong knowledge of SEO skills, SEO best practices, SEO trends, and SEO news
- Understands core on-page SEO concepts such as title tags, canonicals, meta tags, headers, internal linking, etc.
- Understands technical SEO concepts such as 301 redirects, crawlability, indexability, page speed, etc.
- Understands HTML and CSS basics for SEO and data gathering purposes
- Can apply SEO best practices to WordPress and Magento websites
- Stays on top of SEO news, frequently pursues new SEO knowledge, and presents ideas to the team
- Domain Expertise – Tools: - successfully uses SEO tools to drive SEO strategies and tactics
- Successfully conducts keyword research, sets up position tracking, and tracks keyword positions using tools such as SEMrush
- Effectively uses tools such as SiteBulb or Screaming Frog to perform in-depth technical SEO audits
- Effectively uses Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools to evaluate crawlability, indexability, and other real-time SEO data
- Problem Solving, Analytical Approach - effectively uses data to inform and apply SEO strategies
- Effectively uses Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools to make SEO insights, develop recommendations, and apply SEO changes that make a positive impact on rankings
- Conducts successful keyword research and competitive analyses to identify new SEO opportunities
- Uses additional data gathered from heatmaps, visitor recordings, and other tools in order to make deeper insights about website usability and conversion rate optimization that may make a positive impact on SEO and overall KPIs
- Can create and synthesize SEO reports to demonstrate the value of SEO and the success of an SEO campaign
Success Objectives: First 12 Months
- Within 30 days, an “A” level SEO Specialist will be able to:
- Manage the SEO campaigns for 15-20 clients
- Successfully conduct robust keyword research and set up position tracking for multiple clients
- Develop and implement measurable SEO strategies for existing and new clients
- Within the first 60 days,
- Will be certified in Google Analytics
- Will be able to work autonomously on SEO campaigns for enterprise-level clients
- Within the first 90 days,
- Will have successfully shown significant improvement in rankings for multiple high-value keywords for multiple clients
- Will have communicated these results in a way that demonstrates value directly to clients
- Within the first 120 days,
- Will have formulated and executed a complete SEO strategy for a client
- Will be able to analyze and synthesize the results of SEO efforts and determine areas for improvement and shifts in strategy
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with marketing teams consisting of account managers, paid media specialists, and content writers.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and a commitment to continue to grow as an SEO professional