The Paid Media Specialist’s mission is to develop and execute paid media strategies that drive goals and produce positive ROAS/ROI for our clients. The key expectations of the Paid Media Specialist are to:
1) Develop and execute effective paid media strategies for clients in collaboration with account managers, SEO specialists, and content writers.
2) Perform day-to-day management of client paid media programs including bid optimization, keyword targeting, budget management, audience targeting, conversion optimization, etc.
3) Analyze paid media performance to determine opportunities for continuous improvement and develop actionable paid media reports for client consumption.
The success of the Paid Media Specialist will be measured by:
• Ability to drive measurable results that align with client goals
• Regularly achieving and maintaining positive results within client budgets
• Developing and executing paid media strategies within client retainers
• Successful collaboration with other marketing professionals
Key Skills and Competencies
The Paid Media Specialist will have 1-2 years of experience demonstrating the following:
- Domain Expertise - Subject Matter: Demonstrates strong knowledge of paid media skills, best practices, trends, and news
- Understands core paid media tactics such as bid strategies, keyword targeting, audience targeting, etc.
- Stays on top of paid media news, frequently pursues new paid media knowledge, and presents ideas to the team
- Tests paid media concepts and documents results to identify potential strategy refinements for leadership review
- Understands best practices for ad copy and creative, and can execute or advise others using the appropriate processes
- Domain Expertise -Tools, Software and Process: Successfully uses a wide range of paid media platforms and other tools
- Conducts successful keyword research, audience analyses, and competitive analyses for existing and/or prospective clients using tools such as Keyword Planner, SEMrush, and other tools
- Is proficient in setting up new accounts/campaigns/ads on core platforms including Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and others, as appropriate
- Problem Solving, Analytical Approach: Effectively uses data to inform and apply paid media strategies
- Effectively uses data from paid media platforms, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools to develop informed paid media insights, make recommendations, and apply paid media changes that make a positive impact on client goals
- Can create and synthesize paid media reports to demonstrate the value of digital advertising and the success of an ad campaign
- Optimizes bid strategies using informed approach
- Understands what conversion points need to be tracked and can implement as appropriate
Within 30 days, an “A” level Paid Media Specialist will be able to:
- Manage the paid media campaigns for 15-20 clients
- Successfully conduct robust keyword research
- Develop and implement measurable paid media strategies for existing and new clients
- Within the first 60 days,
- Will be certified in Google Ads (Search, Display, Shopping, and Video) and Google Analytics
- Will be able to work autonomously on paid media campaigns for enterprise-level clients
- Will have successfully set up a complete Google Ads account (Including campaigns, ad groups, and ads)
- Within the first 90 days,
- Will have successfully shown significant improvement in ROAS and CPA on several key accounts
- Will have communicated these results in a way that demonstrates value directly to clients
- Within the first 120 days,
- Will have formulated and executed a complete paid media strategy for a client
- Will be able to analyze and synthesize the results of paid media efforts and determine areas for improvement and shifts in strategy
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with marketing teams consisting of account managers, SEO specialists, and content writers.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and a commitment to continue to grow as an paid media professional