The Front End Web Developer's mission is to build highly designed and functional web sites that drives goals and produces positive ROI for our clients. The key expectations of the Front End Web Developer are to:
- Create functional html/css/js based on designs and technical requirements.
- Ensure websites display and function correctly across multiple browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Leverage CMS's features to create manageable and scalable web sites; specifically WordPress and Magento 2.
- Debug and support existing sites.
The success of the Front End Web Developer will be measured by:
- Ability to deliver solutions that are stable and fulfill project requirements within the scope of work
- Consistently meet committed to deadlines
- Solving client issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Successful collaboration with other professionals
Demonstrated Skills and Key Competencies
The Front End Web Developer will have 1+ years of experience demonstrating the following:
- Domain Expertise - Subject Matter: – in-depth knowledge of front-end web development technologies
- Experience with database systems such as SQL
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as php
- Stays up to date with industry trends and standards
- Understands and implements best practices in quality assurance
- Domain Expertise – Tools: - strong working understanding of content management systems
- Understands architecture of relevant CMS’s file system and admin functionalities
- Knowledge of entity type relationships and architecture
- Ability to create standard functionality within a CMS without utilization of extensions
- Attention to Detail - execution of tasks with close attention to detail and focus on quality
- Proficiency in creating functional applications based on static assets, maintaining design integrity
- Responsiveness to accountability to requests and deadlines.
- Ability to Implement functionality seamlessly into systems without unintentionally affecting dependent systems
- Collaboration – uses a collaborative approach to work
- Work in a cross functional team to produce applications in an agile methodology.
- Proactively engages with other colleagues across the business to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Actively participates in professional, productive discussions to consider the pros and cons of pursuing opportunities
- Consistently demonstrates ability to hear and respectively consider others’ views to contribute to the discussion and move the decision process forward
Success Objectives: First 12 Months
- Within 30 days, an “A” level Front End Web Developer will be able to:
- Create a new, repeatable template on a current client's web site.
- Utilize other team members for knowledge on best practices.
- Within the first 60 days
- Work in cross-functional team to begin developing a new client website.
- Understand and implement Perrill's standard coding standards and processes.
- Within the first 90 days
- Launch a new client website.
- Communicate and deliver on accurate estimates and timelines.
- Within the first 120 days,
- Independently manage project work load.
- Deliverables require minimal rework and oversight.
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams consisting of DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, Designers, marketers and project managers.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn and a commitment to continue to grow as a professional.